Water Protocol - How to Use Water for Health and Healing!
The Water Protocol teaches you how to remain properly hydrated in order to achieve and enhance your overall health. It is based on the the research of Dr. F. Batmanghelidj whose books Your Body's Many Cries For Water and You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty are classics on the topic of water for health and healing.
Your body's water balance is very important to optimal health and becoming partially dehydrated can happen very easily without most people noticing. The brain especially is very sensitive to any level of dehydration.
Water is the solvent in the body and transports all the nutrients into the cells and carries away all the waste products from the body. If there is a shortage of water in the body then a rationing of available fluids will begin. The most important areas in the body will be rationed more than the less critical areas.
If the dehydrated state persists then alarm signals will begin to sound and the first signs of trouble begin to show. Which symptoms develop first will be different for each individual depending on other factors such as other damages in the body caused primarily by poor nutrition.
So, a water shortage in the body or partial dehydration can be a root cause of many ailments which are commonly treated with medications.
Click here to read about the health benefits of water.
The Need for Water Replenishment
Dr. Paul-Robert Thomas (author of Refreshingly Thin) writes these words regarding the importance of water intake:
"In order to be able to eliminate all of its residues, the organism must produce a minimum of one litre of urine per twenty-four hour period. To obtain this amount of urine, the water intake must be approximately 35 grams (1.1 oz.) of water per kilogram (2.2 lbs.) of body weight per day. Thus, in a tepid climate, a man weighing 70kg (155 lbs.) must drink 2.5 litres (0.55 gal.) of liquid per day.
If we assume that 0.5 litre (0.11 gal.) of water is contained in food, this man must then drink 2 litres (0.44 gal.) of water per day so his organism can have a good water balance.
An insufficient liquid intake requires the body to retain its much needed water by secreting aldosterone which is a hormone preventing the elimination of salt by the kidneys. By retaining salt, it also retains water. The result is a chronic sodium retention which leads to arterial hypertension and numerous other ailments.
Plain water is still our best diuretic.
A great number of kidney stones would be avoided if people drank more from an early age. It is preferable for the health of children to teach them to drink sufficient amounts than to ask their doctor to count their teeth, measure their torso, or prescribe calcium remedies which they mostly do not need."
The Water Protocol
1. Drink only pure water using a good
2. Drink up to 0.5 oz. per pound of body weight less approximately 16 oz. contained in food. (eg. If you weigh 200 lbs. you require 100 ounces, which works out to approximately 10 - 8 oz. glasses per day).
3. Drink 2 or more glasses of water first thing in the morning to correct for water loss during eight hours of sleep.
4. Drink 1-2 glasses a half hour before each meal. This will aid digestion, particularly in people with gastritis, duodenitis, heartburn, peptic ulcer, colitis, or gas-producing indigestion.
5. Drink two glasses of water one hour after each meal to complete the process of digestion.
6. Water can be taken anytime you are thirsty, even during meals.
7. Do not drink during the evening hours if this tends to wake you up in the middle of the night.
8. A good gauge if you are properly hydrated is by the color of your urine. Its color should be colorless not counting the color of vitamins or colored food additives. If it is a yellow color then you must increase your fluid intake. A very dehydrated person produces urine which is orange in color. Although all fluids count to some extent, you need to get most of your daily fluid intake from pure water.
Note: It is very important to use pure water which has been filtered of all chlorine and organic contaminates. Using bottled water is an option, but it is impossible to know the quality of water you are purchasing. It is far more economical to use a high quality filter system for your drinking water and showers.
Return from The Water Protocol to Ultimate Health Protocol